- Common name, followed by Scientific Name, then (any) Alternative Names: (text) .
- Header Photo
- General Description of the Plant: (text) .
- Why We Grow This? (common uses): (text) .
- Historical Facts and Quotes: (text) .
- Can Be Confused With: Purslane can be confused with a similar plant called Portulaca. The difference is in their leaf shape. Purslane has a broad oval kind of leaf, Portulaca has a spikey pointed leaf. Both are eatable I believe.
- Cautions and Hazards: (text) .
- Popular Variations and Cultivars (text) .
- Starting: from seed; from cutting; by root stock, rhizome, bulb, grafting; other (text) .
- Bedding Out: plant spacing, soil temperature, soil amendments, best rotation cycle. (text) .
- Best soil type: Loamy, moist; Sandy, well-drained; Mineral-dense, clay (text) .
- Sowing Season & Habits: Annual, Perennial, Biennial, self seeding, self pollinating, dioecious (text) .
- Plant Health maintenance: diseases, pests, treatments, cold shelters, interventions (text) .
- Companion Planting (text) .
- Signs of ripeness, over- and under-ripe (text) .
- Gathering tips. Gloves, techniques (text) .
- Preserving and Storage (text) .
- Post-harvest soil care and compostable wastes (text) .
COOKING AND EATING:
- Nutritional Information: (text) .
- How to prepare before eating: (text) .
- Useful recipes and cooking hints: (text) .
- Historical dishes and meals: (text) .
- Non-Food Usages: (text) .
- How This Plant Propagates: (text) .
- Harvesting Seeds: (text) .
- Seed Storage: (text) .
- Green Wizard forum links
- Outside Links
- Helpful Books